Public Safety Communications Officer
As a Public Safety Communications Officer, you will take direction from the Operations Manager and act in conjunction with the Shift Captain. In a capacity covering a broad range of duties, the mission will be to keep the overall operational status of MEDACOM Atlantic Communications Center fully functional while meeting or exceeding customer/patient expectations.
The incumbent positively communicates company philosophy and policy so that there is shared realization of the company's goals in the operational area.
Duties in the position entail, but are not limited to the following:
- Answering and handling 911 calls as per Standard Operating Procedures
- Delivery of emergency service dispatching
- Monitoring system status in the provision of pre-hospital care
- Book and coordinate non-emergency transfers
- Maintain daily reporting
- Receive and report no all internal and external service inquiries
- Post-Secondary Education
- CPR level C certification issued in the last 12 months
- Successful applicants must provide a clear Criminal Record check
- Successful applicants must complete an English Language Assessment
- Successful applicants must complete Criticall Testing
- Successful applicants must complete standard employment hearing assessment
- Advanced Emergency Medical Dispatcher Certification (to be provided for successful applicants and maintained by the employee)
- Preference may be given to those applicants with previous experiences as Communications Officers, Emergency Medical Dispatchers or with Emergency Telecommunications Education
- Possess advanced knowledge of the geography of Prince Edward Island
- Maintains high standards for all aspects of the position
- Able to exercise independent judgment and problem-solving with discretion
- Be able to type at least 30WPM
- Team player who operates well under pressure
- Physically and mentally able to work 12 hour rotating shifts in a dynamic 24/7 environment
- Effective written, oral and presentation skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
NOTE: Hours of work will include 12hr and 10hr shifts - days, nights, weekends and holidays
If you are interested in working with a dynamic team of professionals and possess the necessary qualifications, please send your resume with cover letter to HR@islandems.ca
December 31st, 2019(No phone calls please)
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest; please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
MEDACOM Atlantic is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing and environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.